Yes, this is a Cannellini Bean Hummus without a single chickpea. There are lots of great recipes for this creamy, extra yummy dip for a healthy, middle eastern-inspired healthy snack. We like this one served with your fav raw veg straws or flatbreads. Just think, this may be your new (healthy) signature Christmas party dish.
What you will need
- 2 400g tins of white cannellini beans
- the juice of half a small lemon
- 4 tbsps of your favourite organic Tahini paste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsps a good olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsps mixed seeds, pine nuts, chia, sunflower, pepitas, sesame, and flax seeds (whatever you have in the cupboard and leave out what you don’t like)
How to do it
- Drain the beans and pop them in a blender or food processor. Add the garlic, lemon juice, cumin and a little bit of salt (you can always add some later). Blend until smooth.
- Now give it a taste and see if it needs more garlic, lemon juice or salt and add 1-2 tablespoons of water if you want to make it smoother.
- Tahini has a tendency to turn bitter if over blended so only add the paste when you have the bean mix extra-smooth. Process for a couple of seconds to blend in the tahini.
- Heat up a heavy-based pan and lightly toast the seeds.
- Pop the hummus in your favourite dip dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the seeds on top.