This recipe from MBG was too good not to share as it uses up those browning bananas (you can only have so much banana bread).
Coconut & Banana Granola
What you will need
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
How to do it
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Add the mashed banana and coconut oil into the bowl with the oat mixture. Use a spoon to mix ingredients until evenly distributed.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Press down slightly and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, checking and tossing every 15 minutes. Break up large clusters if necessary. Once the granola is evenly browned and no longer feels damp, remove from oven. (I actually cooked mine for 110 minutes and it turned out perfectly and if you leave it to cool on the baking tray, it will go crisp and extra yummy).
- Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container at room temperature up to one week, or store in the freezer for a few months.