Learn to teach yoga for the seasons with Remedial Yoga Therapy (RYT) and tap into the energy in and around us with yoga for the Qi meridians.
RYT works with the seasons, the time of day and the energy around us to make each class appropriate and more importantly, suitable for the people that you are teaching. This course includes five modules, each one including a Five Element-based class for each season, which includes those times of the year where you experience unseasonable changes like a heat wave, cold snap or even windy (crazy) weather.
In this course you will learn:
- How to teach an Autumn Class based on yoga for the Metal Element
- How to teach a Winter Class based on yoga for the Water Element
- How to teach a Spring Class based on yoga for the Wood Element
- How to teach a Summer Class based on yoga for the Fire Element
- How to adapt a Summer Class for the Fire II Element
- How to choose the right class for the session and the people on the mat
- How to teach the individual in a group setting
- How to adapt moves to ensure engagement and participation
- Why this 5 Element based yoga is both Yin and Yang and how it helps us tap into the body’s energy systems to balance to your teaching
This course forms part of our 10137NAT Certificate IV in Remedial Yoga Teaching and 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients with Remedial Yoga Therapy in a clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 90% attendance you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.