This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to evaluate and develop small business operations. It applies to individuals who operate a small business which stands alone, or that is part of a department within a larger organisation. Individuals in this role use problem-solving skills and take responsibility for developing approaches to evaluating and developing business operations.
The essential learning outcomes include:
- Review and evaluate operational strategies and procedures
- Implement operational strategies and procedures
- Evaluate business performance
- Review business operations
- Reflects on how digital systems and tools are used or could be used to achieve work goals, and begins to recognise strategic and operational applications
- Identifies concepts, principles and features of approaches in use in other contexts and considers how these may suit own situation
- Develops plans to manage relatively complex, non-routine tasks with an awareness of how they may contribute to longer-term operational and strategic goals
- Uses each experience to reflect on how variables impact decision outcomes, and to gain insights into what constitutes an effective decision in different contexts
For more information on this course go to My Skills.