The pulse is one of the most accurate clinical diagnostic indicators available to oriental and complementary medical practitioners and one of the four diagnostic methods that are described as an essential part of traditional Chinese medical practice.
In this foundation workshop with Lisa Masters you will learn :
- The fundamentals of the diagnostic system
- The practical positioning of your fingers
- Techniques for taking and reading the pulse
- The interpretive images of the meridians for each pulse
Pulse Diagnosis is used to assess both physical and energetic imbalances (or disturbances) and is a preventative tool used to warm of the potential for conditions and illnesses that may occur.
This course will introduce you to the 28 pulses with skills that can be used by practitioners of any modality in order to make a better diagnoses and thereby administer more effective therapy.
This course is limited to a maximum of 30 participants per practical group, so please register early to ensure a place in the next practical session.
Who this course is for:
- A refresher course for oriental practitioners/therapists
- Anyone who is interested in the diagnostic techniques used in TCM, shiatsu and Remedial Yoga Therapy
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy and HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an oriental therapy clinical setting.
Looking for guidance to use pulse in a clinical setting and how to intergrate pulse diagnosis into your treatment plans? Enrol in COTY’s Master Pulse Diagnosis in a Clinical Setting – Module 2 of the Pulse Diagnosis vocational educational program.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.