Shiatsu, translated as finger pressure” is a form of therapeutic bodywork from Japan. One of the fundamental concepts of Chinese/Japanese medicine is Qi (or Ki – pronounced “chee”) which is our vital energy that is needed for our body to function. Qi flows in specific pathways called meridians. A Shiatsu therapist accesses through touch points along the Qi meridians called Vital Points.
In this introductory course you will learn :
- The Importance of Kyo (vacuos) and Jitsu (replete)
- The meaning of tonification and sedation
- The techniques for practical practice with the energy of the meridians and tsubo points
- Human developmental milestones of the different stages of life including palliative care a preparation to die
This course is limited to a maximum of 20 participants per practical group, so please register early to ensure a place in the next practical session.
Who this course is for:
- A refresher course for oriental practitioners/therapists
- Anyone who is interested in the diagnostic techniques used in TCM, shiatsu and Remedial Yoga Therapy
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an oriental therapy clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.