Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient system of health and wellness that’s been used in China for thousands of years. Where Western medicine focuses mainly on treating disease, TCM looks at your entire well-being. The Intro to Traditional Chinese Medicine course introduces you to the concepts of treating the mind, body, and spirit by balancing the energy of the meridians (qi – our life force) to bring harmony to the way we live.
In this course you will also learn:
- The philosophies of Yin and Yang
- The fundamental of the 5 Element Theory
- Discover the Law of Conservation of Energy
- Daoist Philosophies to health
- What is Qi (Chi/Ki)
- What are the Qi Meridians and how do we tap into this energy in yoga
- Insights into teaching elemental and seasonal yoga
- How we use the natural laws of the universe to improve life balance
Who this course is for:
- Students looking to establishing a tertiary pathway into Health Science and Oriental Therapies
- Anyone interested in the techniques and methods used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Natural and complementary therapists interested in a diagnostic modality
- Anyone with a general interest in natural therapies or oriental medicine
- Yoga teachers looking for more depth in their understanding of the bridge between western medical ideas and yoga philosophies
This course forms part of our 10932NAT Certificate IV in Yoga Therapy Teaching accredited course designed to teach clients in a group setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.