Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient system of health and wellness that’s been used in China for thousands of years. Where Western medicine focuses mainly on treating disease, TCM looks at your entire well-being. The Intro to Traditional Chinese Medicine course introduces you to the concepts of treating the mind, body and spirit by balancing the energy of the meridians (qi – our life force) to bring harmony to way we life.
In this course you will also learn:
- The philosophies of Yin and Yang
- The fundamental of the 5 Element Theory
- Discover the Law of Conservation of Energy
- Doaist Philosophies to health
- What is Qi (Chi/Ki)
- What are the Qi Meridians and how to we tap into this energy in yoga
- Insights into teaching elemental and seasonal yoga
- How we use the natural laws of the universe to improve life balance
Who this course is for:
- Student establishing a tertiary pathway into Health Science and Oriental Therapies looking for a pathway to Anyone interested in wholefood nutrition and natural health
- Anyone interested in the techniques and methods used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Natural and complimentary therapists interested in a diagnostic modality
- Anyone with a general interest in natural therapies or oriental medicine
- Yoga teachers looking for more depth in their understanding the bridge between western medical ideas and yoga philosophies
This course forms part of our 10137NAT Certificate IV in Remedial Yoga Teaching accredited course designed to teach clients ina group setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.