Moxibustion is an ancient healing therapy that involves the burning of a herb (a variety of mugwort – artemesia vulgaris) on the back, belly or at selected acu-points in order to deeply warm the body, activate the meridians, promote blood circulation and disperse symptoms of cold and damp.
In this course you will learn:
- How moxibustion works and when to use it
- How you can use moxibustion to relieve muscle tension, tightness and pain
- How to use it safely and effectively
- How to bring greater warmth and energy into the body for enhanced healing
Moxibustion is perfect for treating:
- Menopausal symptoms
- Headaches Menstrual cramps
- Tight and stiff shoulders and back
- Lower back pain
- Painful joints
- Digestive issues
- Cold body temperature
- Overall lack of energy and fatigue
Who this course is for :
- Current bodywork or natural therapists eg. massage therapists, reiki healers, chiropractors etc. wanting to use moxibustion in a clinical setting
- Anyone interested in the techniques and methods used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) not wanting the commitment to a comprehensive course or degree
- Anyone with a general interest in natural therapies
- Anyone with an interest in Oriental medicine
This course forms part of our 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy and HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an oriental therapy clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.