Yu points also known as Shu points (Shu means transporting) lie on the back of the body, along the bladder meridian. According to traditional Chinese ideas, they activate Qi, the life energy, and Xue, the blood, in the associated organ systems.
In this practical workshop-based course you will:
- Use anatomical landmarks to discover the Yu points of the body
- Learn how to palpate and locate spinal processes of the Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar vertebrae of the spine
- Understand the special precautions and contra-indications of the Yu Points
- Discuss the relationship of each point with the Qi meridians and organs
- Understand the actions of the Yu points and how you can use this knowledge to balance meridian health
Who this course is for:
- A meridian novice
- A refresher course for oriental practitioners/therapists
- Anyone who has studied the Qi meridians of the body or related oriental therapies
- Anyone wanting to know more about the philosophies that underpin most oriental therapies including RYT, acupuncture, guasha, tuina and martial arts.
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy and HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an oriental therapy clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.