Makko-ho, a traditional Japanese sequence of stretches, literally means “the practice of facing things”. Traditionally the practice includes 6 Elemental stretches that help us feel what is working in our body, and what is not, this course is based in Remedial Yoga Therapy where you combine Makko-ho stretches with dynamic corrective meridian postures to restore balance in the body and mind.
In this course your will learn:
- Metal Element stretch for the Lung and Large Intestine meridians
- Earth Element stretch for the Spleen and Stomach meridians
- Primary Fire Element stretch for the Hearth and Small Intestine meridian
- Secondary Fire Element stretch for the Heart Constrictor and Triple Heater meridians
- Wood Element stretch for the Liver and Gall Bladder meridians
- Water Element stretch for the Kidney and Bladder meridians
- All associated dynamic corrective meridian postures for all elements and meridians
- When to include them into your yoga teaching
Many people use stretches before and after exercise to prepare the body and to keep joints mobile and pain free. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, stretches are used to both sedate and tonify the organs and remove blockages along the energy meridians. In oriental therapies they are used to improve the flow of Qi (Chi or Ki), our life force or vital energy throughout the body. Makko-Ho stretches will help keep you and your clients healthy and happy, restoring and maintain balance in your body and mind.
Who this course is for:
- Yoga teachers of any level and style
- Health care workers and allied health professional
- Lovers of health, wellbeing and yoga
- A refresher for oriental practitioners/therapists
- Anyone who is interested in the diagnostic techniques used in TCM, shiatsu and Remedial Yoga Therapy
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our 10137NAT Certificate IV in Remedial Yoga Therapy, 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy and HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an group or oriental therapy clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.