The pulse is one of the most accurate clinical diagnostic indicators available to oriental and complementary medical practitioners. It is used by oriental practitioners to both assess both physical and energetic imbalances (or disturbances) and is a preventative tool used to warm of the potential for conditions and illnesses that may occur.
Module 2 of our Practical Pulse Diagnosis education program is a course in the mastery of pulse examination is vitally important for making a correct diagnosis in most traditional medicine systems including Chinese Medicine, Unani-Tibb, Ayurveda, Tibetan Medicine and others. This diagnostic system can be beneficial in modern conventional medicine and can aid in deeper diagnostic insights in disciplines such as naturopathy, homeopathy and other therapies treating the whole person.
Learn the tradition and art of pulse diagnosis from a practicing Doctor of Chinese Medicine, Zen Shiatsu Master Practitioner, lecturer and educational trainer, Lisa Masters who is a founding member of the board of studies at COTY.
This course is an experience-based pulse diagnosis experience where participants will attend the COTY tutorials and workshops as well as Student Clinic led by interested practitioners of complementary and oriental medicine.
The skills learnt can be used by practitioners of any modality in order to make a better diagnosis and thereby administer a more effective therapy.
- Improve the accuracy of your clinical diagnoses by incorporating pulse readings
- Identify diseases processes using pulse images as a preventative medical tool
- Integrate pulse findings into other diagnostic methods to enhance therapeutic effectiveness
- Determine and apply advanced treatment plans directly from pulse findings
- Discover gynecology, pediatric and other special pulse images
This course is limited to a maximum of 20 participants per practical group, so please register early to ensure a place in the next practical session.
Who is this course for:
- Graduates of Module 1 – Fundamental of Pulse Diagnosis
- Practitioners of complementary and natural therapy courses including Naturopathy, Ayurvedic Medicine, Homeopathy. A refresher course for oriental practitioners/therapists
- Anyone who is interested in the diagnostic techniques used in TCM, shiatsu and Remedial Yoga Therapy
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy and HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an oriental therapy clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.