Module 2 of our Practical Tongue Diagnosis education program is a course in the mastery of tongue examination is vitally important for making a correct diagnosis in most traditional medicine systems.
This diagnostic system that can be beneficial in modern conventional medicine and can aid in deeper diagnostic insights in disciplines such as naturopathy, homeopathy and other therapies treating the whole person.
Learn the tradition and art of tongue diagnosis from a practicing Doctor of Chinese Medicine, Zen Shiatsu Master Practitioner, lecturer and educational trainer, Lisa Masters who is a founding member of the board of studies at COTY.
This course is an experience-based tongue diagnosis experience where participants will attend the COTY tutorials and workshops as well as Student Clinic led by interested practitioners of complementary and oriental medicine.
The skills learnt can be used by practitioners of any modality in order to make a better diagnosis and thereby administer a more effective therapy.
- Improve the accuracy of your clinical diagnoses by incorporating tongue readings
- Correlate tongue diagnosis findings into other diagnostic methods to enhance therapeutic effectiveness
- Determine and apply advanced treatment plans directly from tongue findings
- Understand howow the tongue findings confirm preliminary findings from the history
- The parameters of tongue diagnosis in relation to size, shape, color and mobility of the tongue body
- Matters of topography of the tongue surface and issues of coloration and moisture level of the coat and the tongue surface itself
- Disparities of pulse and tongue findings, and also of symptomology and the tongue findings
This course is limited to a maximum of 20 participants per practical group, soplease register early to ensure a place in the next practical session.
Who is this course for:
- Graduates of Module 1 – Fundamental of Tongue Diagnosis
- Practitioners of complementary and natural therapy courses including Naturopathy, Ayurvedic Medicine, Homeopathy
- A refresher course for oriental practitioners/therapists
- Anyone who is interested in the diagnostic techniques used in TCM, shiatsu and Remedial Yoga Therapy
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy and HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an oriental therapy clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.