Feel the energy of the Meridians of Life! Qi (chee), chi, or ki energy flows through our meridians, like a system of energy highways that access all party of the body. Meridians influence our size and shape, as well as other life and personality characteristics. They exist in corresponding pairs and are named by their related internal organs.
This course is a series of hands-on practical and interactive workshops were students work in pairs to find the energy channels of the body found in the fascia and primo vascular system of the body. You will locate, palpate and feel the distinctive 5 Element energy of the major points of the Chinese Qi Meridians and the extensions channels developed in Japanese medicine, often referred to as the Masunaga meridians.
In this course you will:
- Palpate the body and using anatomical landmarks to discover the 12 Qi meridians of the body
- Learn TCM measurement techniques to help you locate major acupuncture points
- Identify (approx 222) major treatment point locations
- Feel the different energy of the meridians
Who this course is for:
- A meridian novice
- A refresher course for oriental practitioners/therapists
- Anyone who has studied the Qi meridians of the body or related oriental therapies
- Anyone wanting to know more about the philosophies that underpin most oriental therapies including RYT, acupuncture, guasha, tuina and martial arts
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy and HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an oriental therapy clinical setting. At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.