Shiatsu, translated as finger pressure” is a form of therapeutic bodywork from Japan. It uses kneading, pressing, soothing, tapping, and stretching techniques and is performed without oils through light, comfortable clothing.
In this practical course where you will learn:
- The different styles of shiatsu including zen shiatsu, namokoshi, ohashi zen and barefoot
- Styles and associated techniques
- Safe body positioning and movement
- Practical application with harm to you or your client
Learn how to feel the meridians in the arms, legs and torso as well as how to connect with your client through dispersion or tonification methods. This course is limited to a maximum of 20 participants per practical group, so please register early to ensure a place in the next practical session.
Who this course is for:
- A refresher course for oriental practitioners/therapists
- Anyone who is interested in the diagnostic techniques used in TCM, shiatsu and Remedial Yoga Therapy
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients in an oriental therapy clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.