Traditional Chinese Medicine, or TCM, is a system based on different philosophies about human energy and human nature dating back to the first millennium BCE and is based on the observation of human body and how it functions.
As with all oriental therapies, it is a system of health that looks at the whole body and how we relate with the world around us. In this course, you will study the connection of the mind and body and why a healthy body equals a healthy mind, and learn about the system of reading our interrelationship (or correspondence) with the world as the basis for health or illness. It’s the perfect course to complement any health care practice or therapeutic treatments.
In this course you will:
- Discuss the ancient philosophies in relation to the therapy
- Learn about the TCM approach to energy and the meridians
- Learn about the adjunct therapies and associated philosophies
- Study the connection between a health mind and body
- Study the fundamentals of Daoist philosophies that explain energy (and us) in the terms of yin and yang
- Understand what the Five Elements theory is all about and how they relate to the seasons
- Learn about the 12 Qi (energy) Meridians of the body and how the work in harmony with each other to support functions and structure
- Learn the difference between TCM meridians and the channels of the Masunaga Japanese Meridians
- Understand how we harness the energy in and around us to improve our health and well-being through yoga
- Understand how to stop making yourself unwell by understanding what makes you sick
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to know more about TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and its relevance today
- Anyone wanting to know more about the philosophies that underpin most oriental therapies including RYT, acupuncture, guasha, tuina and martial arts.
- Current allied health, bodywork or natural therapy professionals
- Anyone interested in eastern medical philosophies and oriental therapies
This course forms part of our 10138NAT Advanced Diploma of Remedial Yoga Therapy accredited courses designed to teach and treat clients with Remedial Yoga Therapy in a clinical setting. At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development.