This course combines the skills and knowledge required to work respectfully with people from diverse social and cultural groups and situations, including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and applies to workers in all industries.
In this course you will learn to:
- Reflect on own perspectives
- Appreciate diversity and inclusiveness, and their benefits
- Communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and situations
- Promote understanding across diverse groups
- Identify issues that may cause communication misunderstandings or other difficultie
- Consider the impact of social and cultural diversity
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice. This course forms part of our HLT52215 Diploma of Shiatsu and Oriental Therapies accredited course designed to teach remedial yoga in a group or work with clients in a clinical setting.
At the end of this course with 100% attendance, you will receive a Statement of Attainment that is credit transferrable within nationally recognised courses in Australia and can be submitted to your association for continuing professional education/development. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.